Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Acres of Books is falling down.

Acres of Books

Sad news I read on LAist recently. Acres of Books, one of the great book meccas of Los Angeles, is going to be lost amongst redevelopment of Long Beach. It will be replaced by a mix use complex of housing, store fronts, and art spaces. Knowing the way things go, rather than an enrichment of the community, this will likely mean bland apartments, a starbucks, and a tourist gallery of idealized beach paintings and dolphins.

If you love books and haven't been, make sure you take advantage of what Acres of Books has to offer before it's too late. I just happened to be there recently with my camera before I heard the news and snapped some pics. I'll be visiting again soon, both to buy some books, and document it's glory before the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment