Monday, April 30, 2007

Tour de Cure, 65 mile bike ride for charity.

On May 19th I'm going to participate in a bike marathon to raise money for diabetes prevention, treatment, and research. I will need to raise at minimum $150 to be in the event, but I'd like to exceed that by as much as possible. I've personally seen what diabetes can do, and I'd like to do what I can to help. So I'll be challenging my self to the 65 mile course, which will be the longest single ride I've done. I'm also trying to organize some fellow people at work to join in. If we can get enough people we can form a team for the event.

Wish me luck, and if you'd like to give support, the link below goes to my donation page. The links at the top of it can provide more information about the organization and the event. If you'd like to show support by coming out to the start/finish line, there will be food, drinks and entertainment going on at El Dorado Park (Golden Grove Picnic Area), 7550 Spring Street, Long Beach. Let me know if you'd be interested in doing that.

My Donation Page

1 comment: