Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My first members only night at the Longbeach Aquarium (6-25-07).

Aquarium of the Pacific

A few weeks ago I went on my first members only night at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I decided to become a member since I tend to go at least 5 or 6 times a year, and it only takes two trips for the membership to pay for it self. It was a fairly large turnout, but by comparison to a usual weekend day, it was very chill. It was nice having more time to spend at each tank, and they also had a few special features, such as a diver talking to the crowd from inside the large tank in the main hall, and an open house of the educational area in the back, which they use for kids classes.

Aquarium of the Pacific

I also watched an awful cartoon about a girl and her pet shark. A shark that only she can understand, is quite large, and walks around in the air, and whom becomes addicted to sushi after she takes him out for his birthday. A silly plot for a cartoon doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad, but mediocre animation, poor dialogue, and not so funny jokes abounded. I unintentionally won a drawing for the Cartoon Network dvd of this thing, but declined it so some child too young to care yet could enjoy it. I love sharks, so I was a bit sad to see such a poorly made shark cartoon, but as always the real sharks were fun to watch as they prowl around.

Aquarium of the Pacific

As my number of photos has continued to grow, I've started experimenting with the collections feature, so my flickr sets may be shifting around and their contents reorganized. Hopefully none of my past links are broken by this, and if so I'll try to get those fixed once I settle on my organization scheme.

Aquarium of the Pacific


Aquarium of the Pacific (flickr set)


Aquairum of the Pacific (official website)

No comments:

Post a Comment